Dr. Marwan El Khazen
Dr. Marwan Khazen is a Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeon who has more than 25 years of surgical experience in Germany and in the UAE. He received his Doctorate Degree in Surgery in Dusseldorf, Germany in 1982, since then he had extensive experience in private and public hospitals across Europe and the Middle East.
Dr. Marwan had several publications and received multiple awards for his excellence and contribution to society. His focus in his chosen profession is Arthroscopy (Knees, Shoulders, and Ankle), Intra-articular Injections, and Physiotherapy Referrals.
- German Board (Facharzt) in Surgery and Traumatology. Awarded Degree of Doctor of Surgery (Düsseldorf, Germany, 1982)
- Surgical experience spanning more than 30 years in Europe and UAE
- In Germany: worked as Trauma Surgeon at St.Vincenz Hospital, affiliated with the University of Essen, and in Lennep Hospital, affiliated with the University of Cologne
- In the UAE: extensive experience as Consultant Trauma Surgeon, and Acting Head of Trauma Unit at Rashid Hospital, and was presented with a Service Excellence Award in 2005 by DOHMS (presently, DHA); and extensive experience in Orthopedic surgery at Emirates Hospital, and departmental Leadership as Head of Orthopedic Department.
- Vast ER experience (emergency & clinic) throughout professional history, including Airport Crisis Management (Dubai, UAE)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Ankle and Elbow)
- Spinal Injuries and Fractures
- Neck and Muscle Stiffness
- Neck and Back Pain
- Osteoporosis and Related Fractures
- Sports Injury / Traumatology
- Ligament reconstruction (Anterior cruciate)
- Cartilage treatment
Certifications and Professional Memberships:
- Member of International Professional Associations
- in Switzerland (Arthroscopy Association and AO/ASIF Association for Internal Fixation);
- in Germany (AerzteKammer Medical Association);
- in UAE (Emirates Medical Association, EMA)
- Fellowships, Workshops, and Conferences: Chairman and/or participant of Conferences and workshops at leading university teaching hospitals in Switzerland, Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Holland, Italy, Spain, Russia, Prague, Greece, Slovenia, Austria, Tunisia, Egypt, among others; in the Middle East, and locally in UAE, to stay abreast of the latest techniques in Orthopedic Surgery worldwide. (1984-2018)
- Research and Publications: done in teamwork as part of Departmental collaborative studies (Rashid Hospital, 1985 – 2006); Miscellaneous Orthopedic-article publication in Local UAE printed media.
- Recipient of Awards/Honors: Star Award for Patient-satisfaction (DOHMS); and Commendation/Appreciation letters by superiors for quality service in healthcare and surgery; (all are available on request)
Book an Appointment