Dr. Eiman Alkhatib
Dr. Eiman Alkhatib completed the MB degree from Damascus University and qualified for an Internal Medicine Certificate and a Haematology Certificate awarded by the Ministry of Health in Damascus. She has worked at the Thalassemia and Hemoglobinopathy Centre in Damascus, and had a long stint with Damascus Hospital.
Dr. Alkhatib is the former chief of Haematology Interns Exams in Syria Board Association. She is a member of the Syrian Association of Oncology and Haematology and the Syrian Medical Association. Dr. Eiman Alkhatib’s expertise is in treating both benign and malignant blood diseases. She works on the management of blood transfusions and possible complications, bone marrow aspiration, and bone biopsies. She is an expert at the treatment of sickle cell anaemia and thalassemia and complications. She administers hematologic treatments including chemotherapy regimens, plasmapheresis, and iron infusion.
- MB – Doctor of medicine diploma – Damascus University (1991)
- Internal Medicine Certificate – Ministry of Health in Damascus (1996)
- Haematology Certificate – Ministry of Health in Damascus (1999)
- Performing Bone marrow aspirations and bone biopsies (360-400 over 15 years) procedures for diagnostic purpose.
- Administrating hematologic treatments over 15 years including: chemotherapy regimens, blood transfusions and management of its complications, plasmapheresis, and iron infusion.
- Ability to distinguish critical patients’ situations and manage their cases with appropriate treatments.
Book an Appointment